Electronics in harsh environments is exposed to temperature (100 to 200°C), humidity (100% RH), pressure (vacuum-to-high-pressure). Deformation and failure response of commercial fine-pitch electronics in harsh environments is not well understood. Environments being studied include – automotive underhood, on-transmission, unmanned airborne vehicles (UAV), unmanned ground-vehicles (UGV), tank, missile, avionics and space applications.
- Lall, P., Mirza, K., Suhling, J., A Study on the Effect of Aging on Thermal Cycling Reliability of Sn-Ag-Cu Interconnects Using Digital Image Correlation, Proceedings of the ITHERM 2016, Las Vegas, Nevada, pp. 519- 530, May 31- June 3, 2016.
- Lall, P., S. M. Duraisamy, J. Suhling, J. Evans, Principal Components Regression Model for Prediction of Life-Reduction in SAC Lead Free Interconnects During Long-Term High Temperature Storage, Proceedings of the 65th ECTC, San Diego, CA, pp. 2040-2047, May 26-29, 2015
- Lall, P., Deshpande, S., Luo, Y., Bozack, M., Nguyen, L., Murtuza, M., Degradation Mechanisms in Electronic Mold Compounds Subjected To High Temperature in Neighborhood of 200°C, Electronic Components and Technology Conference, 64th ECTC, pp. 242-254, Orlando, FL, May 27-30, 2014.
- Lall, P., Limaye, G., SnAgCu Lead-Free Electronics Reliability Under Combined Temperature and Vibration Environments, Journal of the SMTA, Volume 26, No. 1, pp. 11-19, 2013.
- Lall, P., Shirgaokar, A., Arunachalam, D., Norris–Landzberg Acceleration Factors and Goldmann Constants for SAC305 Lead-Free Electronics, ASME J. Electron. Packag. Vol. 134, pp. 031008-1 to 031008-12, 2012.
- System Design Issues for Harsh Environment Electronics Employing Metal-backed Laminate Substrates, Evans, J., Lall, P., Crain, E., Shete, T., Thompson, J. R., Naylis, D., IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 74-85, March 2008.
- Thermo-mechanical Reliability Management Models for Area-Array Packages on Cu-Core and No-Core Assemblies, Lall, P., Shah, M., Drake, L., Moore, T., Suhling, J., SMTA Journal, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 20-35, 2008.
- Damage Mechanics of Electronics on Metal-Backed Substrates in Harsh Environments, Lall, P., Islam, M. N., Suhling, J., IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Volume 29, Number 1, pp. 204-212, March 2006.
- Thermal Reliability Considerations for Deployment of Area Array Packages in Harsh Environments, Lall, P., Singh, N., Suhling, J., Strickland, M., Blanche, J., IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Volume 28, Number 3, pp. 457-466, September 2005.
- Model for BGA and CSP in Automotive Underhood Environments, Lall, P., Islam, N, Suhling, J., Darveaux, R., IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Volume 27, Number 3, pp. 585-593, September 2004.